Just another egotistical bum who feels the world would benefit from his daily, blue collar observations and philosophies.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Man...you gotta be kiddin me...


For a LONG time, I've always said that females who constantly fail at relationships do so because they generally don't date actual, real MEN. I still think that. However, the fault doesn't squarely rest on the shoulders of the fairer sex. I think the problem is that, the American male is an endangered species.


Ok, I'll get to my point. This schmo at work quits his job today.....because a guy we work with shouted something at him. You read that right...he was shouted at. The kicker is, it wasn't even in frustration or anger, but the fact that the machine he was running was screwing up and he couldn't hear what was being said to him.


Now....a little background info. I work in a bindery shop. Bindery is any process done to printed material after it leaves the press. And our shop's business is making yearbooks for highschools all across the country. I've been in this line of work for 20 years. It's fucking tough and it wears you out. Machines are loud and sometimes things get hectic. And I'll even submit...the guys who unoffcially run our particular process, are without social graces or tact. They sometimes shout a little too loud and sometimes it catches you off guard. But they're old and have both been there over 40 years each.


But you know, that shit doesn't matter. Be a man.....grow the hell up. We work in a production shop. This isn't a fuckin nursery. We work hard..and sometimes shit gets crazy. Sometimes people shout. Then shout back. But quit???? Give me a break. What the hell is the matter with the American male these days??? Why are we becoming increasingly mamby pamby whiney little bitches? "Ooooooo....someone was loud at me.....I'm outta here". That basically, in a nutshell, is what actually happen. It seems even more riduculous now that I'm seeing it typed out.


Is this the norm now? I hope not. I work hard and take my lumps like any working man should. It's funny...because I work with quite a few retirement age folks, including a woman in her 70's. These people never cry or bitch or complain. They just do. My FORMER co-worker has actually asked our supervisor for different tasks because he was bored or tired with what he was currently doing. Jeez louise!


Well, he's gone and all I can think is "good riddance you crybaby douche bag."

5 comments:

  1. Amen Biggy! very few REAL men left in this world. Womens lib castrated them a while back and the young men were raised by these women that were the daughters of the bra burning dykes!Okay, ladies, so what, its my opinion and you see the evidence everyday with that wussy boy that walks through the door that you have grown to hate because he was told to show his "feminine side. EWWWWW he needs a tampon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most jobs suck. Reasonable people realize the world does not revolve around them and they fucking get over it. At my last job a temp working for me stopped showing up. The agency said he quit because, "that guy there is always telling me what to do." Ummm, you mean your boss told you what to do? How bossy. When someone yells at you, dont tuck your tail between your legs and pee a puddle in the floor. Yell back and get on with your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously the guy wasn't cut out for Herff's. I've never even set foot in the yearbook plant, but if it's anything like down the hill, you've got to roll with the punches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree what a fucking douche. But to say the old farts lack social graces is an understatement. I have taken more than my fair shit from them and they only way to handle em is give it back. You gotta earn respect and this jerk off being such a pussy isn't going to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian Rogers - AMERICAN TIRE DISTRIBUTORSMarch 24, 2010 at 2:18 PM

    I wish a couple of the cry babies that work with me would walk out and quit.But instead they choose to show up everyday to whine and complain.If they hate the job,their boss and the company so bad...then why the hell do they keep coming back?

    ReplyDelete